As a strong leader and role model exemplifying the company core values, the Assistant Store Manager will champion The Webster initiatives, vision and attract, retain and develop top talent. The ASM is a critical leadership partner a co-pilot to the Store Manager. You will partner with the SM to create a highly productive environment in which the customer service experience is a priority, employees are able to perform extremely well and excel; and the business thrives. The ASM is able to balance front of house & back of house duties and is also able to speak to the business, connect with employees & successfully engage with customers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Motivate and inspire the team by delivering a compelling vision and purpose that encompasses The Webster core values.
- Establish and communicate clear expectations and hold the store team and self-accountable for achieving all brand, performance and behavior standards.
- Lead productive weekly leadership meetings that align with and drive the business strategy
DRIVE FOR RESULTS
- Create and manage the execution of the store business plan to drives Sales and KPI results and maximizes business opportunities to include CRM.
- Analyze available sales reports and data to determine the needs of the business and set business strategies
- Set individual sales goals for management teams and associates, ensuring goals reflect store business plans
- Train and develop team on business acumen to drive business performance.
- Evaluate store sales and payroll goals on a daily basis using payroll reports and tools; make scheduling adjustments to meet business needs.
- Demonstrate sales leadership for staff by playing an active role on the selling floor
- Develop events/incentives that will continue to grow customer base, with particular emphasis on building local market.
- Manage the controllable components of the P&L to achieve all store financial and expense targets.
- Ensure all members of staff provide the highest level of customer service
- Ensure staff maintains constant client communication through utilizing their client database.
- Resolve all client issues and complaints quickly and effectively.
- Demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of the merchandise; ensure selling staff is fluent in all aspects of product knowledge
- Train ASM/ Key holders on how to handle various customer service issues i.e. dissatisfied customers, returns, defective merchandise.
- Ensure cash control and register procedures are properly followed including: bank deposits, safe funds,etc.
- Control store expenses and maintain budgets, continually striving to reduce costs
- Schedule associates to maintain adequate floor coverage while maintaining payroll budgets
- Supervise the efficient and productive handling of all merchandise including shipment receipt and processing, markdown optimization and replenishment systems while maintaining a clean stockroom.
- Ensure that staff adheres to all Shipping/Receiving policies and procedures
- Meet inventory accuracy and shrink results meet company loss prevention standards.
- Support, promote and assume responsibility for loss prevention in all areas of risk management, physical security, store cash controls, inventory management, inter-store communication
- Maintain company brand standards of near, clean and organized sales floor, cash wrap and fitting room ensuring store environment is safe for employees and customers.
- Ensure facility maintenance
- Partner with Director of Stores to ensure appropriate assortment for the store
- Ensure presentation of all displays, fixtures and all visual areas are reflective of current visual direction
- Identify and communicate product concerns in a timely manner
- Communicate inventory needs to support the business
- Recruit, hire, develop and retain a high performing management and selling team.
- Teach, train and coach the store management team to develop future leaders for the company.
- Consistently assess and provide ongoing performance feedback on selling skills, job accountabilities through real time coaching, monthly touch bases, and individual development planning.
- Develops succession plans to ensure career paths for all associates; encourage associates to pursue internal opportunities.
- Resolve all human resources issues in a timely and effective manner, partnering with Director of Stores when necessary
- Ensure image and grooming standards are professional, reflective of the brand image and adhered to at all times
- Ensure that the store management team adheres to and enforces all employment practices and policies.
Additional responsibilities might be assigned up to upper level management discretion.
(THESE ARE MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED TO PERFORM IN ORDER TO EXCEED COMPANY EXPECTATIONS)